In a nutshell…
Say hello to joy and happiness. They reside in you.
As the days go by, my mind grows more attuned to the simple, little, beautiful sources of my pleasure and I would like to share them with you. These things don’t cost much if they cost anything at all.
I must tell you that it’s tough, tough, tough, not having a steady income, but I’ve also learnt to literally become a minimalist and my sense of deep appreciation for the small things have deepened beyond measure.
I digress. Now to the 50 shades of things that make my heart glad. They are in no particular order.
- The cuddle and warmth of a new baby.
- The wonderful smell of a new book.
- The outlay of books in the library or bookstore.
- Office supplies and notepads.
- The frisky frolic of a happy puppy, baby animals excluding snakes and other creepy crawlies.
- Good music and Saturday mornings.
- A well-stocked pantry.
- An early morning walks when the air is crisp and fresh.
- The sounds of birds chirping. I try to decipher their conversation, unfortunately, I don’t speak chirp.
- Watching the sun rise and set.
- The tinkling laughter of a child.
- The quiet hum of my home in the wee hours of the morning.
- A scalp massage from the fingers of a dear one.
- Foot rub after a hard day.
- A pretty bud and fresh flowers.
- The rich smell of coffee and coffee shops. I think I’ll end up owning one 😉
- The sound of Beethoven that my husband plays when he’s shaving *don’t ask me why.
- An ice cream on a cone on a hot day.
- My bare feet planted on the cool floor under my work table.
- Singing loudly to myself – though I can barely carry a tune.
- The sound of rain.
- Smiles. When I make someone smile.
- Gazing up at the stars.
- Seeing happy people
- The smell of freshly cut grass.
- Watching my children dance.
- Dancing – I love dancing.
- Listening to my fave songs on repeat.
- Morning mist on untouched plants.
- Warm heartfelt hugs, forehead kisses, and deep conversations.
- Getting lost in the pages of a book.
- Sleeping on my bed or just lying in and lazing there.
- Quiet moments to myself.
- A nice soak in a warm bubble bath.
- Christmas time
- Sweets: chocolate, cheesecake, chocolate cake, hot chocolate. I am an unrepentant chocoholic.
- Finishing a crossword puzzle
- Things that make me laugh.
- Tea time with a pretty tea set – sounds silly but it just makes me sigh in contentment.
- Pretty candles and meditation.
- Cooking and watching others eat it with appreciation. Sharing food with others is filling.
- An unexpected gift.
- Seeing an elderly couple holding hands 🙂
- Freshly washed bed sheets.
- Looking at old photos and reminiscing.
- Finding bargains
- Making friends
- Picnics at the park – I can’t wait for the weather to get cooler.
- A clean house and family time.
- Finishing things on time.
As I wrote this list, I realized I had many more things that I could include, like the warm cup of corn and mushroom soup (homemade) that I’m enjoying right now. I will share the recipe with you in another post.
So tell me, what are your shades of pleasure?
‘PLEASE SEND IN YOUR LINKS.’
Today’s featured blogs are:
Where do you find your happiness? An insightful article that’s worth the time to read it.
Deborah is a beautiful sister and her zest for life inspires me.
Here are my thoughts about this insightful post. May I never get comfortable straying too far from God.
I always know when I’ve trailed away from God’s path. Everything in me becomes stressed out and out of sync. He never leaves us even when we wonder – I feel that he stays at a distance and allows us our free will to come back.
Homey and makes you smile. I like order in the kitchen. It makes life easier.
This is such a beautiful, profound piece of art that leaves me feeling solemn.
Do step in, explore these blogs and show some love.
Do you want more eyes on your words?’
Well then, add your LINK INTO THIS LOOP.
Comments are disabled here to keep the loop tidy. Any comments or link you want to send can be added through the link in the post.
Thank you for your understanding and regards.
‘Remember, we create a cohesive community when we come together.
Today, I offer you a splash of beautiful yellow blossoms captured during my morning walk.
There’s simply something sweet about yellow that screams vibrant and alive to me always. I guess it’s the brightness of the colour.
Also knowing the certain positive associations to the yellow colour makes it even more attractive.
Yellow speaks of happiness, hope, sunshine, warmth, cheerfulness, draws attention, positivity, clarity, energy, enlightenment, optimism, freshness, loyalty, joy, intellect and so much more.
May you find lots of happiness in your day today.
This one of the lovely beats I enjoy listening to. Easy Like Sunday Morning by Lionel Ritchie.
Loving yourself is the best gift that you can give to yourself.
Finding happiness, fulfillment, success and the best version of you comes with the understanding that unconditional self-love is a critical determinant to achieving these things.
Take a listen to my video on ‘loving myself’ below and do subscribe.
It’s my birthday today, now I’m off to eat some cake 🙂