That the state of happiness can be a cultivated state of mind, by applying simple but life changing attitudes.
- A forgiving heart and a generous spirit.
- Learning to turn mistakes into lessons.
- Always revert within and seek your inner peace.
- Leave the sweating of the small stuff behind.
- Be grateful and thankful always.
- Learn to love yourself and cascade it to others.
- Build relationships.
- Drop the mental slavery and stop dwelling on the past. It will never come back.
- Spend your time on meaningful ways of looking forward to the future.
- Rough it through even though it might start out difficult, that situation too shall pass.
Let me share with you a little article I wrote a while ago:
Your real home lies within you.
Not the bricks and mortar house of glamor that you reside in.
All painted and glossy with every top of the range appliance that money can buy.
That my friend, is just your physical abode.
Your real home lies within you,
Yet the home within you is neglected, in shambles and in quandary,
That even a stray pet would not want to live in there,
Take care of the real home that lies within you;
Fill it with good things,
A large portion of love,
A fresh harvest of thanksgiving
A handful of forgiveness,
Some tablespoons of honesty,
A jug of faith,
A dash of loyalty,
An ounce of friendship,
Three tablespoons of tenderness,
A whole shake of patience,
One big barrel of laughter
And a large dose of prayer.
Blend it all together, and bake it in the oven of your heart with a pan of Hope until it is well done.
Serve your guests daily with generous portions,
And your real home will definitely gleam with splendor.
© Jacqueline Oby-Ikocha
In response to: Writing 101 – Day 7: Hook ’em with a quote