La Duchesse gave us a prompt ’embracing my quirkiness,’ that not only made me laugh but also made me spend a little time looking at those itty-bitty sides of me that though they may not be original, are part of me, like dusting of freckles or the little mole that occupies a part of your body.
I’m showing you my clay feet and it’s possible that the list is longer than this, but I’ll keep it short so that you don’t run away into the bush to get away from me 😉
- I am a touchy feely person, especially with those who I feel close to (but it’s not uncommon for me to hug a new found friend).
- I nibble my husband’s food when he’s eating. This used to drive him nutty, but 16 years has made him soften, that he now feeds me himself 😉
- I doodle while thinking or listening intently. I have no idea why, but I hear clearly this way.
- I carry a notepad everywhere. Everywhere!
- I could go for eons without remembering to watch TV. Just leave me with sufficient books, a thick notepad, and music, please 🙂
- I watch people’s feet and mentally try to build a fictitious life about them. Please don’t ask me why.
- I make up nonsensical songs about anything and sing when cooking. I think I borrowed the singing when cooking from my mother. She did it all through my growing up years and she’s been in the choir like forever.
- I always start a conversation with a total stranger; in a safe vicinity of course.
- I write to deal with issues on my mind. I pick it apart on a piece of paper.
- Okay, I am a die-hard romantic and still enjoy my Harlequin romances et al… feel free to wiggle your eyebrows 😉
- I collect itty-bitty silly dolls and give them names.
- I am always barefoot at home; pregnant or not. I just like the coolness of the floor under my feet and only put them into my cozy froggy footwear just before bedtime. I’m still trying to understand that.
Thank you for bearing with me and not running off by now. I’ll be watching your feet 😉
When you buy my book, you support me in an invaluable manner.
I have to say I’m in awe and spellbound by her poetry. She is amazing at describing love and life in her poems. She creates such beautiful images with her words. Truly, she is a talented writer and I’m so excited to have her poetry book and to continue reading through it.