If I were to lend an ear to a new blogger, my first words would be:
- Go to school! WordPress Blogging University offers such facilities at no cost. Get involved and learn how to make your blog better.
- Don’t sweat it! Don’t chew off your fingernails in anxiety with your eyes glued on the statistics of your blog right from the onset.
If you keep your eyes on that statistics dashboard, it will leave you with lots of angst, which can get pretty exhausting.
Easier said than done, but if you really want to grow, you have to be pragmatic in your approach.
- Write from your heart and not someone else’s heart.
- After the writing, go and mingle with others as much as you possibly can.
- No! Don’t just pin up a post, then go off to the beach to pluck your toes in the water and your butt in the sand, surfing YouTube and sipping pina colada. Your blog will not read itself. Nope! It won’t.
- I will say it again. ‘MINGLE IN THE MIX.’ As time goes on, you will find your footing, gain some lovely friends and it will surely grow.
- Be social media friendly. Yes I know it’s Evil, but it has it’s good sides too 😉
The Truth and Nothing But The Naked Truth is that every good and successful blog out there took a lot of work and time from the blogger.
- Lest I forget, please check the grammar as well. No one likes to read mumbo-jumbo. An occasional mistake can be overlooked, but I must warn you that there are grammar Nazi out here looking for who to catch 😉
Now Go Ye And Be Blog Happy. Every successful blogger started with zero follows and when you add these recipes plus more, you will see the digits come up.
© Jacqueline Oby-Ikocha
The Daily Post Key Takeaway.
Give your newer sisters and brothers-in-WordPress one piece of advice based on your experiences blogging.
If you’re a new blogger, what’s one question you’d like to ask other bloggers?
Image credit: Cliparts.co