#relax. #outandabout. #nature. #people. #exercise #powernaps
A whole lot of folks don’t like Mondays for obvious reasons; ‘cos it’s back to the grind and a downshift from the weekend mood. The sleeping in and chilling out is cut short for several more days. However, I believe that each day is what we make of it ‘be it grumpy Monday or Thank God it’s Friday.’
Attitude changes everything. Seeing Monday as the start of a great week and not an end to your free weekend might be the key that switches the mood. Instead of spending valuable time groaning mentally, a change of mindset and a little forward planning will help us start the week on a sweeter note.
Inculcating these 10 little habits can make a world of change.
- Clarify your goals for the week. Have your to-do list and specific goals mapped out for the week. As much as possible, avoid creating an epistle of unrealistic expectations and goals.
- Indulge in mini-meditations and breaks during the day. Moments of stillness and breaks during the day are beneficial. They can do wonders for your attitude and productivity.
- Smile. Find laughter. Yes. Smiling easily leads to laughter and laughter lightens the spirit.
- Mid-week fun stuff. Remember that you don’t have to save all the fun stuff and good times only for the weekends. A mid-week coffee meet-up or bookshop visit, people watching – whatever peps you up – will break the monotony. Many people live for the weekends. I suggest we live for each day that we are given. Of course, there are activities better suited for the weekend, but little zings of fun stuff add zest to our days.
- During your weekend, adopt healthy habits that will nurture your body and mind. This should help you feel happier and more energized to face your week. The mind and body are interconnected. The food that you eat, how much sleep you get and how active you are, will always affect your body chemistry. Avoid the temptation to binge on food, alcohol or even sleep in the guise of de-stressing. These will contribute to the depletion of your energy and mood swings.
- Relax and don’t overload your weekends.
- Hit the sack early on Sunday night.
- Get pumped with some great music and inspiring/motivational talk.
- Look good. Wearing snazzy clothes that you like, has a way of lifting up your spirit. Dressing sloppily only makes you feel worse.
- Above all these things, quit telling yourself that Mondays are dreadful and difficult. With a few adjustments to our thought pattern, we empower ourselves to claim each day to its full potential.
#BetterYou, #LovingMondays, #EnjoyingEveryday, #Mondayisagoodday
Back home in Nigeria, one of the symbols of wisdom is the spider’s web which represents the creativity and complexity that one requires’ to live a wise life.
How are you spinning your web of life today?
Take notice of how you may be tempted to complain about things over the course of the day. See if you can use these moments to learn more about yourself and your complaint might become insignificant or unnecessary.
A little reminder is not to scapegoat others and to search for who to blame when things go wrong around you. Rather, ask yourself, what part did I contribute to the situation? Owning your decisions and having the courage to acknowledge your share of outcomes of such decisions is the first step towards correction.
Wisdom is bright and does not grow dim
by those who love her, she is readily seen,
and found by those who look for her.
The Book of Wisdom 6: 12 – 16
The Old Testament
There’s a warrior in you.
Yes, I am worth fighting for. In my work, in my life, in love, in the good times and the really not-so-good times, and in all the moments’ that life has to offer along the way. I am not going to give up.
If you really love someone – in this case, yourself – you’ll never stop fighting for her. You will never stop trying to make it work between you, yourself, and you. In spite of all the ups and downs of life, we must keep reminding ourselves of those things that matter most even when life seems unbearably hard to navigate. There is always the choice to live in love and on your own terms. You may not know this, but you are a warrior.
#LawofAttraction, #Manifestation, #Believe #Thepowerofpositivethinking, #positiveaffirmations, #abundancementality, #findinggreaterjoy, #BodyMindSpirit, #ShiftingPerspectives, #FulfilledLife #PurposeDriven #IamEnough #IamBeautiful
A minute of positivity
A mile of possibilities
It’s a popular saying that there’s power in positive thinking, truly, there is and the mind knows this. The mind works with what you give it. Considering all the political and socio-economic strife surrounding us, it’s simply easy to get subsumed by the pervasive rancour, pessimism, negativity and division which has far more reaching effects than we can compute. The thing is this: as long as humans walk the earth, there will always be strife. The question therefore is, how do we manage the strife?
Negative energy succeeds in antagonizing and amplifying difficult situations which only leads to further frustrations. We may not be able to hide our heads in the sand, play dead and wish the troubles of today’s world away, we must, however, learn to stay positive in the sight of these vicissitudes, to hold our peace, to speak our truth without bitterness and virulence and above all things to remember that ‘it’s our choice on how we choose to react.’
we overthink answers
to life’s simple questions,
human’s complicate matters.
the answer my friend
is already there,
simply rethink your question.
I totally enjoyed this prompt for this week’s haiku. Several options popped into my head but I settled for this two ‘cos of the message behind them.