I have 2 biological sisters. They are very, very dear to my heart (the two very’s used here are for both of them, so that they don’t fight over who exactly the very is for, if I only use one 🙂 We fight and love each other to bits (never try to get your word in; you might find us showing you the way out, whilst we make a cuppa and settle our differences). They are my rocks of support and cheerleaders. Never hesitating for a moment to kick me in the butt when I need it; and plenty times too. Hey! Wait a minute! I am human you know 😉
Now, I have so many other sisters, across Continents and all the oceans that divide us. Their words of encouragement, humor, virtual hugs, pokes and friendly advise have come to mean so much to me and the saying that ”wherever we are, it is really our friends that make our World, be it one, two, three or a dozen” is very true.
Thank you aidly193 for this warm nomination. You sparkle 🙂
Now to the nitty gritty. The rules of the award are:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site
2. Put the award logo on your blog
3. Answer the ten questions sent to you
4. Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer
5. Nominate five blogs!
The questions asked are:
1. What is something you’ve always wanted?
Ans: The whole truth and nothing but the truth, something that I have always wanted is actually not an item that can be put in finite figures, nor can it be bought in the shops. It is simply ‘Peace of mind.’
2. What is your dream car?
Ans: My dream car changes like fickle breeze. Today I would ooh and aah over a Tahoe, tomorrow it would be a Corvette. I once had an affair going with a Range Rover until my husband bought one. Then the ardor cooled off and my roving eyes started wandering to the Mercedes Benz G wagon. I have expensive taste. Come on! Girls like toys too you know 😉
3. What is your favorite meal?
Ans: This may come as a surprise. I love everything edible, but you can catch my goat any day with plain Yoghurt (not the flavored ones) sprinkled with nuts. However, the bane of my life is gooey, chocolaty cake or ice-cream.
4. What is your favorite book?
Ans: I have fallen in love with so many books over the years that it is really a difficult choice to settle on one. The book that sticks in my minds eye as a child is The magic faraway tree by Enid Blyton. It simply made the World magical to me. As an adult, nothing beats my Bible. The treasures buried within never cease to amaze me.
5. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Ans: Recently, I have been thinking of so many parts of Asia.
6. What did you do for your latest birthday?
Ans: I was treated to a handsome breakfast orchestrated by hubby and kids. A lovely dinner (where I was allowed to have a large dollop of sinful ice-cream) and a beautiful set of silver jewellery, plus nail polish from my daughter, hand-picked flowers and body spray from my boys 🙂
7. What is your favorite genre of music?
Ans: My love for music is very eclectic and purely depends on the mood that I find myself in. It could be something calm and soothing to rollicking Afro pop. The short and simple thing is that I love every noise called music (that does not include the yowling from the cat).
8. What is something most people don’t know about you?
Ans: Shh! Can you keep a secret? I sometimes feel lonely in the midst of a crowd. Does that count as a secret?
9. If you could have dinner with anyone from history, who would it be?
Ans: Why does Adolf Hitler come to my mind? I would sit him down and give him a piece of my mind.
10. What is your shoe size?
Ans: A whooping size 11. I envy all those dainty feet of other women, but I guess the feet size has to match the height of it’s owner 5ft 11in.
Now my nominees are:
Lynz real cooking: For all those lovely meals you keep serving up online.
Nena: I am happy I found you.
Oluseye Ashiru: For your lovely prayers and sage parental counsel.
Lucid gypsy: For the lovely interactions. Your posts make me smile.
Nedoux: I am glad I found you.
Do follow the rules above and kindly spill your guts below. Enjoy 😉
- Are you a shopper or a penny pincher?
- Do you have any hidden talents?
- Do you dream often?
- Do you think romance books and fairy tales influence our choice of a partner?
- Are you an emotional person?
- Are there any causes that you strongly believe in?
- How are you feeling right now?
- How do you make decisions?
- What is your secret desire?
- In a short prose, describe your town.
Looking forward to reading the scoop. Be blessed.