Today, I’m thankful for a roof over my head and food on my table.
I knew that I was forgetting something and that’s The Great Book Of Lists.
This week’s word is about food. My favourite dishes and more.
I like food, no doubts about that but the strange thing is that I am also not finicky about it.
I am adventurous as well, as long as it’s not a live squiggly creature.
The shameful truth * with my eyes covered* is that I would probably prefer to eat desserts 365 days of my life to proper food.
Cooked food bores me easily especially since I do the cooking and this hasn’t helped my weight struggle. After cooking for my household, I will reach for a piece of croissant or cookies.
It’s been a struggle to break that cycle and I am trying to find ways of eating better.
That being said, there are some dishes that are constant faves of mine and I will resist adding the sweets 😉
- Jollof rice is a one-pot rice dish popular in many West African countries, eaten whenever desired.
2. Nigerian porridge beans and fried plantain
3. Oha soup and pounded yam is a traditional soup made from cocoyam paste, Oha vegetable, dry fish, meat and other condiment.
4. Soft boiled yam and egg sauce
5. Pepper soup is a special peppery broth, made with a mix of spices, lots of pepper, and scraps of meat, most especially goat meat.
6. Isi ewu is another delicacy prepared with special spices and the severed head of a goat, cut into little bits.
7. Peppered Gizzard
8. Blueberry pancakes with maple syrup
9. Chilli bean soup
10. Mashed potatoes, mushroom sauce and steak.
11. Lasagna with lots of cheese and ground beef.
12. I love Pasta.. in all forms
P.S. Images borrowed from Nairaland and Pinterest.