Running around to purchase the last minute school items for the children, Mr Pencil captured below reminds me of how many pencils I have to purchase in a given term because the children somehow manage to misplace them often enough.
It makes sense to buy bulk purchase school supplies so that I don’t go out of my mind at the odd moment requests of ‘mommy I can’t find my pencil or pen, eraser or sharpener.’
Below are few tips that can help to ease into a new school year.
- Do a health check for your child/children
- Stock up on back to school supplies.
- Stock up on lunch/snack items.
- Ease back into a bedtime routine and invest in an alarm clock if necessary.
- Have a pep talk to motivate them and gauge their emotions.
- If they are joining a new school, anticipate the challenges that come with change and give them as much assurance as possible.
- Set new school year priorities for them.
- Plan for an engaging after-school activity for them.
- Pray for your children.
So are you ready yet?