Since I have to blow my own trumpet loud enough for myself so to speak, if I have a book to be recorded into an audio book, then without wasting snooze time debating over who will do it, I will elect to do it myself for various reasons:
- Some lovely people have told me that they like my speaking voice, including my dear Himself who loves my reading to him, except, he is just being smart enough to know which side his bread is buttered on 😉
- It would be cheaper to do so myself, except they are offering free services 🙂
- It will offer me an opportunity to probably go for elocution and voice training for professionalism.
- I would tell my own story better than any of them would.
- I always fancied being a newscaster when I was growing up and I mimicked all the lovely old newscasters that used to decorate our old black and white TV, so it will be my opportunity.
© Jacqueline Oby-Ikocha
The Daily Post Voice Work.
Your blog is about to be recorded into an audio-book. If you could choose anyone — from your grandma to Samuel L. Jackson — to narrate your posts, who would it be?