A whole lot of folks don’t like Mondays for obvious reasons; ‘cos it’s back to the grind and a downshift from the weekend mood. The sleeping in and chilling out is cut short for several more days. However, I believe that each day is what we make of it ‘be it grumpy Monday or Thank God it’s Friday.’
Attitude changes everything. Seeing Monday as the start of a great week and not an end to your free weekend might be the key that switches the mood. Instead of spending valuable time groaning mentally, a change of mindset and a little forward planning will help us start the week on a sweeter note.
Inculcating these 10 little habits can make a world of change.
- Clarify your goals for the week. Have your to-do list and specific goals mapped out for the week. As much as possible, avoid creating an epistle of unrealistic expectations and goals.
- Indulge in mini-meditations and breaks during the day. Moments of stillness and breaks during the day are beneficial. They can do wonders for your attitude and productivity.
- Smile. Find laughter. Yes. Smiling easily leads to laughter and laughter lightens the spirit.
- Mid-week fun stuff. Remember that you don’t have to save all the fun stuff and good times only for the weekends. A mid-week coffee meet-up or bookshop visit, people watching – whatever peps you up – will break the monotony. Many people live for the weekends. I suggest we live for each day that we are given. Of course, there are activities better suited for the weekend, but little zings of fun stuff add zest to our days.
- During your weekend, adopt healthy habits that will nurture your body and mind. This should help you feel happier and more energized to face your week. The mind and body are interconnected. The food that you eat, how much sleep you get and how active you are, will always affect your body chemistry. Avoid the temptation to binge on food, alcohol or even sleep in the guise of de-stressing. These will contribute to the depletion of your energy and mood swings.
- Relax and don’t overload your weekends.
- Hit the sack early on Sunday night.
- Get pumped with some great music and inspiring/motivational talk.
- Look good. Wearing snazzy clothes that you like, has a way of lifting up your spirit. Dressing sloppily only makes you feel worse.
- Above all these things, quit telling yourself that Mondays are dreadful and difficult. With a few adjustments to our thought pattern, we empower ourselves to claim each day to its full potential.
#BetterYou, #LovingMondays, #EnjoyingEveryday, #Mondayisagoodday